It can be tough to come up with nutritious and appealing snacks for kids.
From sweet to savoury, there’s something for everyone here. And the best part? They’re all really easy to make. So, what are you waiting for? Get snacking!
So here are 15 kids snack ideas
- Fruit kebabs with whatever you have in your fruit bowl (you can make these with your little one!)
- Baby carrots and dip such as hummus, tzatziki or avocado
- Energy balls: mix oats, peanut butter, honey, desiccated coconut and vanilla, and store them in the freezer
- Peanut butter and apple
- Popcorn and fruit (a great alternative to crisps!)
- Malted loaf with butter and berries
- Cheese crackers or toast with apples
- Homemade smoothie
- Yoghurt with granola and berries
- Toast with avocado and a hard-boiled egg
- Wholemeal pitta bread with soft cheese, avocado or hummus
- Cheese and crackers with fruit
- Rice cakes with peanut butter and apple
- Crumpets with almond butter and apple
- Banana pancakes (you can batch make these and freeze them!)
I hope you enjoy these kids snacks! If you’d like more like this, you can find more from me by downloading my new e-book or, for a one-to-one consultation, visit www.dietitianwithadifference.co.uk.